This Asian island in the vicinity of the Pacific Ocean or The Land of Rising Sun is a wonderful country to visit. Whether it’s visit to the endless shrines and temples or a random visit to the modern Tokyo heights via the Shinkansen Bullet train, the place has a lot to offer.
Top Tips for your Easy Journey in Japan
Cash in hand –
While Japan is rapidly developing, still it remains far from total cashless so you will need cash in hand. Now here is a catch, you obviously know that don’t you, but what you didn’t know is high charges at Airport’s traditional conversion centers. So, the best tip this time is to use 7 bank which has the best rates and also available at Tokyo’s airport, Narita.
Money saver Tip –
Public Transportation system is super-efficient here and money saver. While the vast metro networks in Tokyo is difficult to memorize in 1 go but once you do it saves money. Go for IC card for saving in short trips and JR pass for long ones.
Accommodation Tip –
Picking up the right accommodation is very important and that’s where you need to think strategically. A right hotel at the right place is what you need as it can save you a lot of costs. (Ex – in Tokyo, Shinjuku area is popular)
- When it comes to cuisine test, we recommend trying all of the Japanese food because of no. of reasons that you can’t get bad food. The Food ingredients are top quality all made with love and let’s not talk about hygiene. Foods like Sushi, Tonkatsu, Udon, Japanese Curry all have a distinct flavor.
- Do not tip – This is incredibly important and you must remember that not to tip any person there no matter how lovely the food was or how much you love the ambiance. It’s considered plain rude there. Just show and X mark with your fingers so that the person can bring a bill. Also, you can’t smoke in public place, its considered disrespectful.
- Shopping Essentials – There are an endless supply and various products under shopping departments in japan that should not be missed. I am combining some important departments hereby.
Worth to go shopping places in japan as a traveler –
1.Don Quijote – Massive stores and has everything from drones to garden supplies and Kit Kat flavors.
2.Muji – Japanese style furniture and stuff
3.Tokyu hands – Same as Don Quijote with random items in the collection
4.Bic Camera – All types of electronics and gadgets you could ever think off.
5.Super potato – Retro games in Tokyo
6.Uniqlo – Simple clothing for both men as well as women
- Staying in a ryokan – If you want to head back to traditional Japanese feeling, Ryokans are for you. They are traditional inns where guests are to sleep on a Tatami mat rolled on the floor. Breakfast is authentic Japanese too.
- Get an IC card – We recommend to buy these prepaid and rechargeable cards. These work almost everywhere. These can be bought from Metro stations. Using them is pretty easy and they work in a single tap but remember that each city has a different IC card.
- Best time to go – It depends on where are you going but every season in japan is equally good.
March – June – Plenty of flowers everywhere and prices are inflated.
Summer (up to September) – Mount Fuji is open, Weather is pretty hot and sunny
Up to December – Vivid colors to see. Kyoto is recommended.
Winter (up to march) – Higher lands are snow-covered, Tokyo is plane though
- Learn some basic Japanese words – Wherever you go, a small knowledge of the local language is paramount. So you should know some basic words. Some of those important words are given below
1. Hello – Konnichiwa
2. Yes – Hai
3. Please – Onegai Shimasu
4. Excuse me/sorry – Sumimasen
5. Thank You – Arigato