First of all, you must be curious that what is Eco-Tourism? Is it planting trees? (by going in an aero plane, ironical isn’t it?) Or is it hugging a tree so that no one cut it.
No it’s not like that. Eco tourism is a whole new different concept. It means touring those areas where flora, fauna and all those green areas lie. It is in contrast to conventional tourism where a tourist can go on polluting the area whereas in eco-tourism, one is advised to be self-aware.
Costa Rica is important in the aspect that it is one of those countries who have taken eco-tourism concept seriously.
- Corcovado National Park – Firstly, Costa Rica deserves an applaud for understanding that biodiversity is their true asset and simultaneous efforts done by officials by protecting them. Some of the shyest and endangered wild animals like Jaguar can be seen with some luck. You must need a guide to traverse through this eco-tourism site. Research properly beforehand as a nice guide can change the experience from moderate to very nice.
- Tabacon Hot Springs – This lies near Alajuela Province. Place is famous for getting couple massages and spa treatment. Thermal spa is also provided. Place is awesome and it’s also a resort. We call it icing on the cake as this place glorifies the already diverse ecological niche at costa rica.
- Rincon De La Vieja – This is another volcanic activity site but offers much more than that. A typical entry fees is $15-$20. There are multiple hiking and trail options. One can either reach directly under 2 km or take a 10km route through jungle. A waterfall is also there though little remote. Other things worth mentioning are beautiful flora and fauna integrated with human movement.
- Arenal Volcano National park – This pristine and beautiful park is again a beautiful option to visit in Costa Rica. Basically this park is full of adventurous tracks and trails. Being a rainforest, be prepared to get drenched. Do bring water coats, protector shoes. There is also a 400-year-old tree which can be seen.
- Isla Del Cano – The pristine calm of this small island will make you forget all burdens and bring you close to nature. Turquoise water and serenity of this place is spectacular. A good place to relax on white sands. For more adrenaline pump one can go for snorkeling around or deep diving with bunch of sharks, sting rays and turtles. This island is definitely a paradise.
- Ballena National park- Spiders, the size of your mouth welcomes you here. Though it’s more of a marine national park. Try to go during low tides so that you can go as far as 1 km. Also during low tides it’s easy to see whale’s tails. Also be very particular on not going too far and use your common sense as there are no lifeguards there.
Costa Rica is full of pristine beauty and splendid charms but be sure to be on safe sides.